HCUA Cart Delivery Update
September 29, 2017
MEDIA ALERT - September 29, 2017
HCUA Cart Delivery Update / Transition Plans If Residents Have Not Received Carts
Due to interruptions of required raw materials caused by Hurricane Harvey, production of HCUA carts was delayed. For those who have not yet received both your new garbage and recycle carts, please see update below.
Garbage Cart Delivery Update:
- Garbage carts have been delivered throughout Harrison County. If you do not have a garbage cart, please call Team Waste IMMEDIATELY at (228) 328-1820.
- Due to these manufacturing delays, some residents MAY HAVE received carts without the HCUA logo. As soon as the carts with the HCUA logo arrive, the Team Waste carts will be exchanged for the HCUA logo'd carts. The cart switch will take place automatically by Team Waste personnel with no action required by the resident.
- HCUA and Team Waste officials understand that there may be some confusion during this transition. Should a resident inadvertently put their Waste Pro cart out next week in error, Team Waste will pick up the cart, but ONLY DURING THE WEEK OF 10/2/17. Starting 10/9/17, only HCUA carts will be picked up.
- Team Waste will pick up HCUA and Waste Pro carts if both are used on a resident's pick up day but ONLY DURING THE WEEK OF 10/2/17, in the event that someone has not gotten their second cart.
- Bagged garbage that is not in a cart will NOT be picked up.
- Waste Pro is in the process of picking up their carts. Please leave your Waste Pro cart by the curb for pickup.
Recycle Cart Delivery Update:
- The majority of recycle carts have been delivered. Remaining deliveries will occur between October 2 and 10.
- If residents have not received a recycle cart, they can continue to use their Waste Pro bins. Team Waste has rear load trucks scheduled to run the areas where recycle carts have not been delivered and will empty the bins until residents receive their recycle cart.
Residents with questions should call (228) 701-9086 and follow the automated prompts for any issues they may be experiencing.